“Raise your hand if you think you have “dark underarms!”. I bet you are not alone. A lot of men and women of different ages face this kind of dilemma.
According to a survey, 93% of women consider their armpits not attractive. Also, one out of three women feel more comfortable when their armpits are in excellent condition.”
This is probably one of the most undiscussed areas in our body, our underarms probably because it is usually hidden but in fact a lot of women are conscious about it. This happens not only to women who has naturally dark skin but also to women who have fair skin due to the fact that dark underarms are not all about genetics.
Some of the reasons for dark underarms are:
- Shaving or plucking
- Intake of androgen-based contraceptives
- Friction especially when you’re underweight
- Dead skin build ups
- Acanthosis Nigricans ( a condition that is associated with insulin resistance diabetes)
- Excessive Sweating
To prevent underarm darkening, here are some few tried and tested ways:
- Avoid plucking or shaving, use waxing instead
- Use cotton and not tight clothes to avoid friction
- Avoid perfumed deodorants or anti per spirants that contains Aluminum Chloride
- Lose weight!
Or if the problem is present and persisting the you have to resort to treatments (dark underarms is reversible!)
- Home Made/ Natural Ingredients- like rubbing a slice of lemon to your underarms regularly, using baking soda
- Exfoliate regularly
- Chemical peels and laser treatments
- Or just use an effective underarm bleaching cream for fast results
Kojic Acid Cream is an effective whitening or bleaching cream for underarms (and even other areas with dark pigmentation like the knees and elbows) . It also has anti oxidant properties and is a natural solution to lighten the underarms.
Kojic Acid along with Vitamin C, lastic acid, licorice root and other essential oils is made into a non-oily light cream formula.. This combination of Kojic acid can penetrate the epidermis of the skin and acts on the melanocytes from there.
Of course this should be used regularly (you could also use in conjunction with Kojic Acid Soap) for best results.
Reveal new and lighter underarms with Kojic Acid Cream and be confident to raise your arms!
About the author Martina Gerste
My name is Martina Gerste, and I'm passionate about skin care. I love researching, testing, and writing about skin lightening and whitening, fading freckles, age spots and other hyperpigmentation. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via our main website contact form. And please like us on Facebook!